The Importance of Being Honest
  假如没了诚信,我一天也不会快乐



  In the busy city of New York, such an astonishing thing that ever happened.
   在繁华的纽约,曾经发生了这样一件震撼人心的事情。

  On a Friday night, a poor young artist stood at the gate of the subway station, playing his violin. Though the music was great, people were quickly going home for the weekend. In this case, many of them slowed down their paces and put some money into the hat of the young man.
   星期五的傍晚,一个贫穷的年轻艺人仍然像往常一样站在地铁站门口,专心致志地拉着他的小提琴。琴声优美动听,虽然人们都急急忙忙地赶着回家过周末,但还是有很多人情不自禁的放慢了脚步,时不时地会有一些人在年轻艺人跟前的礼帽里放一些钱。

  The next day, the young artist came to the gate of the subway station, and put his hat on the ground gracefully. Different than the day before, he took out a large piece of paper and laid it on the ground and put some stones on it. Then he adjusted the violin and began playing. It seemed more pleasant to listen to.
   第二天黄昏,年轻的艺人又像往常一样准时来到地铁门口,把他的礼帽摘下来很优雅地放在地上。和以往不同的是,他还从包里拿出一张大纸,然后很认真地铺在地上,四周还用自备的小石块压上。做完这一切以后,他调试好小提琴,又开始了演奏,声音似乎比以前更动听更悠扬。

  Before long, the young violinist was surrounded with people, who were all attracted by the words on that paper. It said, "Last night, a gentleman named George Sang put an important thing into my hat by mistaken. Please come to claim it soon."
   不久,年轻的小提琴手周围站满了人,人们都被铺在地上的那张大纸上的字吸引了,有的人还踮起脚尖看。上面写着:“昨天傍晚,有一位叫乔治-桑的先生错将一份很重要的东西放在我的礼帽里,请您速来认领。”

  Seeing this, it caused a great excitement and people wondered what it could be. After about half an hour, a middle-aged man ran there in a hurry and rushed through the crowd to the violinist and grabbed his shoulders and said, "Yes, it's you. You did come here. I knew that you're an honest man and would certainly come here."
   见此情景,人群之间引起一阵骚动,都想知道这是一份什么样的东西。过了半小时左右,一位中年男人急急忙忙跑过来,拨开人群就冲到小提琴手面前,抓住他的肩膀语无伦次的说:“啊!是您呀,您真的来了,我就知道您是个诚实的人,您一定会来的。”

  The young violinist asked calmly, "Are you Mr. George Sang?"
   年轻的小提琴手冷静地问:“您是乔治-桑先生吗?”

  The man nodded. The violinist asked, "Did you lose something?"
   那人连忙点头。小提琴手又问:“您遗落了什么东西吗?”

  "Lottery. It's lottery," said the man.
   那位先生说:“奖票,奖票”。

  The violinist took out a lottery ticket on which George Sang's name was seen. "Is it?" he asked.
   小提琴手于是掏出一张奖票,上面还醒目地写着乔治-桑,小提琴手举着彩票问:“是这个吗?”

  George nodded promptly and seized the lottery ticket and kissed it, then he danced with the violinist.
   乔治-桑迅速地点点头,抢过奖票吻了一下,然后又抱着小提琴手在地上跳起了舞。

  The story turned out to be this: George Sang is an office clerk. He bought a lottery ticket issued by a bank a few days ago. The awards opened yesterday and he won a prize of $500,000. So he felt very happy after work and felt the music was so wonderful, that he took out 50 dollars and put in the hat. However the lottery ticket was also thrown in. The violinist was a student at an Arts College and had planned to attend advanced studies in Vienna. He had booked the ticket and would fly that morning. However when he was cleaning up he found the lottery ticket. Thinking that the owner would return to look for it, he cancelled the flight and came back to where he was given the lottery ticket.
   原来事情是这样的,乔治-桑是一家公司的小职员,他前些日子买了一张一家银行发行的奖票,昨天上午开奖,他中了50万美元的奖金。昨天下班,他心情很好,觉得音乐也特别美妙,于是就从钱包里掏出50美元,放在了礼帽里,可是不小心把奖票也扔了进去。小提琴手是一名艺术学院的学生,本来打算去维也纳进修,已经定好了机票,时间就在今天上午,可是他昨天整理东西时发现了这张奖票,想到失主会来找,于是今天就退掉了机票,又准时来到这里。

  Later someone asked the violinist: "At that time you were in needed to pay the tuition fee and you had to play the violin in the subway station every day to make the money. Then why didn't you take the lottery ticket for yourself?"
   后来,有人问小提琴手:“你当时那么需要一笔学费,为了赚够这笔学费,你不得不每天到地铁站拉提琴。那你为什么不把那50万元的奖票留下呢?”
   The violinist said, "Although I don't have much money, I live happily; but if I lose honesty I won't be happy forever."
  小提琴手说:“虽然我没钱,但我活得很快乐;假如我没了诚信,我一天也不会快乐。”

  Through our lives, we can gain a lot and lose so much. But being honest should always be with us. If we bear ourselves in a deceptive and dishonest way, we may succeed temporarily. However, from the long-term view, we will be a loser. Such kind of people are just like the water on the mountain. It stands high above the masses at the beginning, but gradually it comes down inch by inch and loses the chance of going up.
   在人的一生中,我们会得到许多,也会失去许多,但守信用却应是始终陪伴我们的。如果以虚伪、不诚实的方式为人处世,也许能获得暂时的“成功”,但从长远看,他最终是个失败者。这种人就像山上的水,刚开始的时候,是高高在上,但逐渐逐渐地它就越来越下降,再没有一个上升的机会。
Tags: ,

李阳英语精选365句

[不指定 07/09/11 12:59 | by admin ]
1.Absolutely.
  
  (用于答话)是这样;当然是;正是如此;绝对如此。
  
  2.Absolutely impossible!
  
  绝对不可能!
  
  3.All I have to do is learn English.
  
  我所要做的就是学英语。
  
  4.Are you free tomorrow?
  
  你明天有空吗?
  
  5.Are you married?
  
  你结婚了吗?
  
  6.Are you used to the food here?
  
  你习惯吃这儿的饭菜吗?
  
  7.Be careful.
  
  小心/注意。
  
  8.Be my guest.
  
  请便/别客气。
  
  9.Better late than never.
  
  迟做总比不做好。
  
  10.Better luck next time.
  
  祝你下一次好运。
  
  11.Better safe than sorry.
  
  小心不出大错。
  
  12.Can I have a day off?
  
  我能请一天假吗?
  
  13.Can I help?
  
  要我帮忙吗?
  
  14.Can I take a message?
  
  要我传话吗?
  
  15.Can I take a rain check?
  
  你能改天再请我吗?
  
  16.Can I take your order?
  
  您要点菜吗?
  
  17.Can you give me a wake-up call?
  
  你能打电话叫醒我吗?
  
  18.Can you give me some feedback?
  
  你能给我一些建议吗?
  
  19.Can you make it?
  
  你能来吗?
  
  20.Can I have a word with you?
  
  我能跟你谈一谈吗?
  
  21.Catch me later.
  
  过会儿再来找我。
  
  22.Cheer up!
  
  高兴起来!振作起来!
  
  23.Come in and make yourself at home.
  
  请进,别客气。
  
  24.Could I have the bill, please?
  
  请把帐单给我好吗?
  
  25.Could you drop me off at the airport?
  
  你能载我到机场吗?
  
  26.Could you speak slower?
  
  你能说得慢一点吗?
  
  27.Could you take a picture for me?
  
  你能帮我拍照吗?
  
  28.Did you enjoy you flight?
  
  你的飞行旅途愉快吗?
  
  29.Did you have a good day today?
  
  你今天过得好吗?
  
  30.Did you have a nice holiday?
  
  你假期过得愉快吗?
  
  31.Did you have fun?
  
  你玩得开心吗?
  
  32.Dinner is on me.
  
  晚饭我请客。
  
  33.Do you have a room available?
  
  你们有空房间吗?
  
  34.Do you have any hobbies?
  
  你有什么爱好吗?
  
  35.Do you have some charge?
  
  你有零钱吗?
  
  36.Do you mind my smoking?
  
  你介意我抽烟吗?
  
  37.Do you often work out?
  
  你经常锻炼身体吗?
  
  38.Do you speak English?
  
  你会说英语吗?
  
  39.Don’t be so modest.
  
  别这么谦虚了。
  
  40.Don’t bother.
  
  不用麻烦了。
  
  41.Don’t get me wrong.
  
  别误会我。
  
  42. Don’t give up.
  
  别放弃。
  
  43. Don’t jump to conclusions.
  
  不要急于下结论。
  
  44.Don’t let me down.
  
  不要让我失望。
  
  45.Don’t make any mistakes.
  
  别出差错。
  
  46. Don’t mention it.
  
  不必客气。
  
  47. Don’t miss the boat.
  
  不要坐失良机。
  
  48. Don’t take any chances.
  
  不要存侥幸心理。
  
  49. Don’t take it for granted.
  
  不要想当然。
  
  50. Don’t worry about it.
  
  别担心。
  
  51.Easy come, easy go.
  
  来的容易,去的快。
  
  52.Enjoy you meal.
  
  请慢慢享用吧。
  
  53.Easier said than done.
  
  说时容易做时难。
  
  54.First come, first served.
  
  捷足先登。
  
  55.For here or to go?
  
  在这儿吃还是带走?
  
  56.Forget it.
  
  算了吧。
  
  57.Forgive me.
  
  请原谅我。
  
  58.Give me a call.
  
  给我打电话。
  
  59.Give my best to your family.
  
  代我向你们全家问好。
  
  60.Have him return my call.
  
  让他给我回电话。
  
  61.Have you ever been to Japan?
  
  你去过日本吗?
  
  62.Have you finished yet?
  
  你做完了吗?
  
  63.Have you got anything larger?
  
  有大一点的吗?
  
  64.Have you got that?
  
  你明白我的意思吗?
  
  65.Have you heard from Marry?
  
  你收到玛丽的来信吗?
  
  66.He is in conference.
  
  他正在开会。
  
  67.Help yourself, please.
  
  请自己用。
  
  68.Hold your horses.
  
  耐心点儿。
  
  69.How can I get in touch with you?
  
  我怎样能跟你联络上?
  
  70.How do I look?
  
  我看上去怎样?
  
  71.How is it going?
  
  情况怎么样?
  
  72.How late are you open.
  
  你们营业到几点?
  
  73.How long did it last?
  
  持续了多久?
  
  74.How long will it take me to get there?
  
  到那儿要多长时间?
  
  75.How much is it?
  
  多少钱?
  
  76.How often do you eat out?
  
  你隔多久在外面吃一次饭?
  
  77.I apologize.
  
  我很抱歉。
  
  78.I appreciate your invitation.
  
  感谢你的邀请。
  
  79.I assure you.
  
  我向你保证。
  
  80.I bet you can.
  
  我确信你能做到。
  
  81.I can manage.
  
  我自己可以应付。
  
  82.I can’t afford it.
  
  我买不起。
  
  83.I can’t believe it.
  
  我简直不敢相信。
  
  84.I can’t resist the temptation.
  
  我不能抵挡诱惑。
  
  85.I can’t stand it.
  
  我受不了。
  
  86.I can’t tell.
  
  我说不准。
  
  87.I couldn’t agree more.
  
  我完全同意。
  
  88.I couldn’t get through.
  
  我打不通电话。
  
  89.I couldn’t help it.
  
  我没有办法。
  
  90.I didn’t mean to.
  
  我不是故意的。
  
  91.I don’t know for sure.
  
  我不能肯定。
  
  92.I enjoy your company.
  
  我喜欢有你做伴。
  
  93.I enjoyed it very much.
  
  我非常喜欢。
  
  94.I envy you.
  
  我羡慕你。
  
  95.I feel like having some dumplings.
  
  我很想吃饺子。
  
  96.I feel terrible about it.
  
  太对不起了。
  
  97.I feel the same way.
  
  我也有同感。
  
  98.I have a complaint.
  
  我要投诉。
  
  99.I have nothing to do with it.
  
  那与我无关。
  
  100.I haven’t the slightest idea.
  
  我一点儿都不知道。
  
  101.I hope you’ll forgive me.
  
  我希望你能原谅我。
  
  102.I know the feeling.
  
  我知道那种感觉。
  
  103.I mean what I say.
  
  我说话算数。
  
  104.I owe you one.
  
  我欠你一个人情。
  
  105.I really regret it.
  
  我真的非常后悔。
  
  106.I suppose so.
  
  我想是这样。
  
  107.I thought so, too.
  
  我也这样以为。
  
  108.I understand completely.
  
  我完全明白。
  
  109.I want to report a theft.
  
  我要报一宗盗窃案。
  
  110.I want to reserve a room.
  
  我想预订一个房间。
  
  111.I was just about to call you.
  
  我正准备打电话给你。
  
  112.I was moved. = I was touched.
  
  我很受感动。
  
  113.I wasn’t aware of that.
  
  我没有意识到。
  
  114.I wasn’t born yesterday.
  
  我又不是三岁小孩。
  
  115.I wish I could.
  
  但愿我能。
  
  116.I wouldn’t about it, if I were you.
  
  如果我是你,我就不会担心。
  
  117.I’d like a refund.
  
  我要想退款。
  
  118.I’d like to deposit some money.
  
  我想存点钱。
  
  119.I’d like to make a reservation.
  
  我想订票。
  
  120.I’ll be right with you.
  
  我马上就来。
  
  121.I’ll check it.
  
  我去查一下。
  
  122.I’ll do my best.
  
  我将会尽我最大努力。
  
  123.I’ll get it.
  
  我去接电话。
  
  124.I’ll give a hand.
  
  我来帮助你。
  
  125.I’ll have to see about that.
  
  这事我得想一想再定。
  
  126.I’ll keep my eyes on.
  
  我会留意的。
  
  127.I’ll keep that in mind.
  
  我会记住的。
  
  128.I’ll pick up the tab.
  
  我来付帐。
  
  129.I’ll play by ear.
  
  我将随兴而定。
  
  130.I’ll see what I can do.
  
  我看一看能怎么办。
  
  131.I’ll show you.
  
  我指给你。
  
  132.I’ll take care of it.
  
  我来办这件事。
  
  133.I’ll take it.
  
  我要了。
  
  134.I’ll take you advice.
  
  我接受你的忠告。
  
  135.I’ll think it over.
  
  我仔细考虑一下。
  
  136.I’ll treat you to dinner.
  
  我想请你吃饭。
  
  137.I’ll walk you to the door.
  
  我送你到门口。
  
  138. I’m broke.
  
  我身无分文。
  
  139. I’m crazy about English.
  
  我非常喜欢英语。
  
  140. I’m easy to please.
  
  我很随和。
  
  141. I’m glad to hear that.
  
  听到这消息我很高兴。
  
  142. I’m glad you enjoyed it.
  
  你喜欢我就高兴。
  
  143. I’m good at it.
  
  我做这个很在行。
  
  144. I’m in a good mood.
  
  我现在心情很好。
  
  145. I’m in good shape.
  
  我的身体状况很好。
  
  146. I’m just having a look.
  
  我只是随便看看。
  
  147. I’m looking for a part time job.
  
  我正在找兼职工作。
  
  148. I’m looking forward to it.
  
  我盼望着这件事。
  
  149. I’m lost.
  
  我给搞糊涂了。
  
  150. I’m not feeling well.
  
  我感觉不舒服。
  
  151. I’m not myself today.
  
  我今天心神不安。
  
  152. I’m not really sure.
  
  我不太清楚。
  
  153. I’m on a diet.
  
  我正在节食。
  
  154. I’m on my way.
  
  我这就上路。
  
  155. I’m pressed for time.
  
  我赶时间。
  
  156. I’m sorry I’m late.
  
  对不起,我迟到了。
  
  157. I’m sorry to hear that.
  
  听到这个消息我感到遗憾。
  
  158. I’m under a lot of pressure.
  
  我的压力很大。
  
  159. I’m working on it.
  
  我正在努力。
  
  160. I’ve changed my mind.
  
  我已经改变主意。
  
  161. I’ve got a headache.
  
  我头痛。
  
  162. I’ve got my hands full.
  
  我手头正忙。
  
  163. I’ve got news for you.
  
  我要告诉你一个好消息。
  
  164. I’ve got no idea.
  
  我不知道。
  
  165. I’ve had enough.
  
  我已经吃饱了。
  
  166. If I were in you shoes.
  
  如果我站在你的立场。
  
  167.Is that OK?
  
  这样可以吗?
  
  168.Is this seat taken?
  
  这位子有人坐吗?
  
  169.It all depends.
  
  视情形而定。
  
  170.It can happy to anyone.
  
  这事可能发生在任何人身上。
  
  171.It doesn’t make any difference.
  
  都一样。
  
  172.It doesn’t matter to me.
  
  这对我来说无所谓。
  
  173.It doesn’t work.
  
  它出故障了。
  
  174.It drives me crazy.
  
  它使我快要发疯了。
  
  175.It isn’t much.
  
  这是微不足道的。
  
  176.It really comes in handy.
  
  有了它真是方便。
  
  177.It slipped my mind.
  
  我不留神忘了。
  
  178.It takes time.
  
  这需要时间。
  
  179.It will come to me.
  
  我会想起来的。
  
  180.It will do you good.
  
  这会对你有好处。
  
  181.It won’t happy again.
  
  下不为例。
  
  182.It won’t take much time.
  
  不会花很多时间的。
  
  183.It won’t work.
  
  行不通。
  
  184.It’s nice meeting you.
  
  很高兴认识你。
  
  185.It’s a deal.
  
  一言为定。
  
  186.It’s a long story.
  
  真是一言难尽。
  
  187.It’s a nice day today.
  
  今天天气很好。
  
  188.It’s a once in a lifetime chance.
  
  这是一生难得的机会。
  
  189.It’s a pain in the neck.
  
  这真是苦不堪言。
  
  190.It’s a piece of cake.
  
  这很容易。
  
  191.It’s a small world.
  
  这世界真小。
  
  192.It’s a waste of time.
  
  这是浪费时间。
  
  193.It’s about time.
  
  时间差不多了/是时候了。
  
  194.It’s all my fault.
  
  都是我的错。
  
  195.It’s awesome.
  
  棒极了。
  
  196.It’s awful.
  
  真糟糕。
  
  197.It’s been a long time.
  
  好久不见了。
  
  198.It’s better than nothing.
  
  总比没有好。
  
  199.It’s essential.
  
  这是必要的。
  
  200.It’s hard to say.
  
  很难说。
  
  201. It’s incredible.
  
  令人难以置信/不可思议。
  
  202.It’s just what I had in mind.
  
  这正是我想要的。
  
  203.It’s my pleasure.
  
  这是我的荣幸。
  
  204.It’s no big deal.
  
  这没什么大不了的。
  
  205.It’s not your fault.
  
  不是你的错。
  
  206.It’s nothing.
  
  小事情/不足挂齿。
  
  207.It’s only a matter of time.
  
  这只是时间问题。
  
  208.It’s out of the question.
  
  这是不可能的。
  
  209.It’s time for dinner.
  
  该吃晚饭了。
  
  210.It’s up in the air.
  
  尚未决定。
  
  211.It’s up to date.
  
  这个很时兴。
  
  212.It’s up to you.
  
  一切由你决定。
  
  213.It’s very popular.
  
  它很受欢迎。
  
  214.It’s worth seeing.
  
  它绝对值得一看。
  
  215.Just let it be.
  
  就这样吧。
  
  216.Just to be on the safe side.
  
  为安全起见。
  
  217.Keep the change.
  
  不用找了。
  
  218.Keep up the good work.
  
  再接再厉。
  
  219.Keep your fingers crossed.
  
  为成功祈祷吧。
  
  220.Kill two birds with one stone.
  
  一举两得。
  
  221.Let me get back to you.
  
  我过一会儿打给你吧。
  
  222.Let me guess.
  
  让我猜一猜。
  
  223.Let me put it this way.
  
  让我这么说吧。
  
  224.Let me see.
  
  让我想一想。
  
  225.Let’s call it a day.
  
  我们今天就到这儿吧。
  
  226.Let’s celebrate!
  
  让我们好好庆祝一下吧
  
  227.Let’s find out.
  
  我们去问一下吧。
  
  228.Let’s get to the point.
  
  让我们言归正传。
  
  229.Let’s get together sometime.
  
  有时间我们聚一下吧。
  
  230.Let’s hope for the best.
  
  让我们往好处想吧。
  
  231.Let’s keep in touch.
  
  让我们保持联系。
  
  232.Let’s make up.
  
  让我们言归于好吧。
  
  233.Let’s go visit them.
  
  让我们去拜访他们吧。
  
  234.Let’s talk over dinner.
  
  我们边吃边谈吧。
  
  235.Long time no see.
  
  好久不见。
  
  236.Look before you leap.
  
  三思而后行。
  
  237.May I ask you a question?
  
  我可以问一个问题吗?
  
  238.May I have a receipt?
  
  我可以要一张收据吗?
  
  239.May I have your name, please?
  
  请问你叫什么名字?
  
  240.May I pay by credit card?
  
  我可以用信用卡付款吗?
  
  241.May I try it on?
  
  我能试穿一下吗?
  
  242.Maybe it will work
  
  也许这个办法会有效。
  
  243.Maybe some other time.
  
  也许下一次吧。
  
  244.My mouth is watering.
  
  我在流口水。
  
  245.My phone was out of order.
  
  我的电话坏了。
  
  246.No pain, no gain.
  
  不劳则无获。
  
  247.No problem.
  
  没问题。
  
  248.Nothing is impossible to a willing heart.
  
  心之所愿,无事不成。
  
  249.Pain past is pleasure.
  
  过去的痛苦即是快乐。
  
  250.Please accept my apology.
  
  请接受我的道歉。
  
  251.Please don’t blame yourself.
  
  请不要责怪你自己。
  
  252.Please leave me alone.
  
  请别打扰我。
  
  253.Please let me know.
  
  请告诉我一声。
  
  254.Please make yourself at home.
  
  请别客气。
  
  255.Please show me the menu.
  
  请把菜单给我。
  
  256.Probably.
  
  可能吧。
  
  257.So far, so good.
  
  到目前为止还好。
  
  258.Something must be done about it.
  
  必须得想个办法。
  
  259.Something’s come up.
  
  发生了一些事。
  
  260.Storms make trees take deeper roots.
  
  风暴使树林深深扎根。
  
  261.Suit yourself.
  
  随你便。
  
  262.Take care.
  
  请多保重。
  
  263.Take it or leave it.
  
  要不要由你。
  
  264.Take my word for it.
  
  相信我的话。
  
  265.Take your time.
  
  慢慢来。
  
  266.Thank you all the same.
  
  不管怎样还是要谢谢你。
  
  267.Thank you for everything.
  
  感谢你做的一切。
  
  268.Thanks a million.
  
  非常感谢。
  
  269.Thanks for the warning.
  
  谢谢你的提醒。
  
  270.Thanks for you cooperation.
  
  多谢合作。
  
  271.That couldn’t be better.
  
  那再好不过了。
  
  272.That depends.
  
  看情况。
  
  273.That makes sense.
  
  那可以理解。
  
  274.That reminds me.
  
  那可提醒我了。
  
  275.That rings a bell.
  
  我总算想起来了。
  
  276.That sounds like a good idea.
  
  那听上去是个好主意。
  
  277.That’s all right.
  
  没关系。
  
  278.That’s disgusting.
  
  真讨厌。
  
  279.That’s fair.
  
  那样公平。
  
  280.That’s for sure.
  
  那是肯定的。
  
  281.That’s good to know.
  
  幸好知道了这件事。
  
  282.That’s just what I was thinking.
  
  我也是这么想的。
  
  283.That’s life.
  
  这就是生活。
  
  284.That’s more like it.
  
  那样才像话。
  
  285.That’s not a problem.
  
  那没问题。
  
  286.That’s not true.
  
  那是不对的。
  
  287.That’s OK.
  
  可以。
  
  288.That’s ridiculous.
  
  那太荒唐了。
  
  289.That’s the way I look at it, too.
  
  我也是这么想。
  
  290.That the way it is.
  
  就是这么回事。
  
  291.That’s worthwhile.
  
  那是值得的。
  
  292.The same to you.
  
  你也一样。
  
  293.The shortest answer is doing.
  
  最简短的回答是干。
  
  294.The sooner, the better.
  
  愈快愈好。
  
  295.There is a call for you.
  
  有你的电话。
  
  296.There is no doubt about it.
  
  那是毫无疑问的。
  
  297.There is nothing I can do.
  
  我无能为力。
  
  298.There’s a possibility.
  
  有这个可能。
  
  299.These things happen all the time.
  
  这是常有的事。
  
  300.This soup tastes great.
  
  这个汤非常美味。
  
  301.Time is money.
  
  时间就是金钱。
  
  302.Tomorrow never comes.
  
  莫依赖明天。
  
  303.Two hands are better than one.
  
  人多智广。
  
  304.We are in the same boat.
  
  我们的处境相同。
  
  305.We can get by.
  
  我们过得去。
  
  306.We can work it out.
  
  我们可以解决这个问题。
  
  307.We have a lot in common.
  
  我们有很多相同之处。
  
  308.We’ll see.
  
  再说吧。
  
  309.What a coincidence!
  
  真是太巧了。
  
  310.What a shame!
  
  真是遗憾。
  
  311.What are you up to?
  
  你在忙什么呢?
  
  312.What are you talking about?
  
  你在说什么?
  
  313.What are your plans for the weekend?
  
  你周末计划做什么?
  
  314.What can I do for you?
  
  要我帮忙吗?
  
  315.What do you do for relaxation?
  
  你做什么消遣?
  
  316.What do you recommend?
  
  你推荐什么?
  
  317.What do you think of my new car?
  
  你觉得我的新车怎么样?
  
  318.What do you think of it?
  
  你觉得怎么样?
  
  319.What is it about?
  
  这是关于什么的?
  
  320.What is it like there?
  
  那儿怎么样?
  
  321.What makes you say so?
  
  你怎么这么说?
  
  322.What’s going on?
  
  发生什么事了?
  
  323.What’s on your mind?
  
  你在想什么呢?
  
  324.What’s the deadline?
  
  截止到什么时候?
  
  325.What’s the matter with you?
  
  你怎么啦?
  
  326.What’s the purpose of your visit?
  
  你来访的目的是什么?
  
  327.What’s the weather like?
  
  天气怎么样?
  
  328.What’s your favorite food?
  
  你最喜欢的食物是什么?
  
  329.What’s your job?
  
  你做什么工作?
  
  330.What ever you think is fine with me.
  
  我随你。
  
  331.When is the most convenient time for you?
  
  你什么时候最方便?
  
  332.When will it be ready?
  
  什么时候能准备好?
  
  333.Where are you going?
  
  你去哪儿?
  
  334.Where can I check in?
  
  在哪儿办理登记手续?
  
  335.Where can I go for help?
  
  我该怎么办呢?
  
  336.Where do you live?
  
  你住在哪儿?
  
  337.Where have you been?
  
  你去哪儿了?
  
  338.Where is the rest room, please?
  
  请问洗手间在哪?
  
  339.Where were we?
  
  我们说到哪儿了?
  
  340.Who is in charge here?
  
  这里谁负责?
  
  341.Would you care for a drink?
  
  你要不要来点喝的?
  
  342.Would you do me a favor?
  
  你能帮我一个忙吗?
  
  343.You are just saying that.
  
  你只是说说而已。
  
  344.You are kidding.
  
  你开玩笑吧。
  
  345.You are so considerate.
  
  你真有心。
  
  346.You can count on me.
  
  你可以指望我。
  
  347.You can say that again.
  
  我同意。
  
  348.You can’t complain.
  
  你该知足了。
  
  349.You deserve it.
  
  这是你应得的。
  
  350.You did a good job.
  
  你干得很好。
  
  351.You get what you pay for.
  
  一分钱一分货。
  
  352.You got a good deal.
  
  你买得真便宜。
  
  353.You need a vacation.
  
  你需要休假。
  
  354.You never know.
  
  世事难料。
  
  355.You said it.
  
  你算说对了。
  
  356.You should give it a try.
  
  你应该试一试。
  
  357.You should take advantage of it.
  
  你应该好好利用这个机会。
  
  358.You will be better off.
  
  你的状况会好起来的。
  
  359.You will have to wait and see.
  
  你得等一等看。
  
  360.You’ll get used to it.
  
  你会习惯的。
  
  361.You’ve dialed the wrong number.
  
  你拨错电话号码了。
  
  362.You’ve got a point there.
  
  你说的有道理。
  
  363.You’ve got it.
  
  你明白了。
  
  364.You’ve made a good choice.
  
  你的眼力不错。
  
  365.Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
  
  包你满意。
Tags: ,

Feeling of Youth (青春常在)

[不指定 07/09/11 12:58 | by admin ]
No young man believes he shall ever die. It was a saying of my brother’s, and a fine one. There is a feeling of Eternity in youth, which makes us amend for everything. To be young is to be as one of the Immortal Gods. One half of time indeed is flown-the other half remains in store for us with all its countless treasures; for there is no line drawn, and we see no limit to our hopes and wishes. We make the coming age our own-

  The vast, the unbounded prospect lies before us.

  Death. old age. are words without a meaning. that pass by us like the idea air which we regard not. Others may have undergone, or may still be liable to them-we "bear a charmed life”, which laughs to scorn all such sickly fancies. As in setting out on delightful journey, we strain our eager gaze forward-

  Bidding the lovely scenes at distance hail!

  And see no end to the landscape, new objects presenting themselves as we advance; so, in the commencement of life, we set no bounds to our inclinations. nor to the unrestricted opportunities of gratifying them. we have as yet found no obstacle, no disposition to flag; and it seems that we can go on so forever. We look round in a new world, full of life, and motion, and ceaseless progress; and feel in ourselves all the vigor and spirit to keep pace with it, and do not foresee from any present symptoms how we shall be left behind in the natural course of things, decline into old age, and drop into the grave. It is the simplicity, and as it were abstractedness of our feelings in youth, that (so to speak) identifies us with nature, and (our experience being slight and our passions strong) deludes us into a belief of being immortal like it. Our short-lives connection with existence we fondly flatter ourselves, is an indissoluble and lasting union-a honeymoon that knows neither coldness, jar, nor separation. As infants smile and sleep, we are rocked in the cradle of our wayward fancies, and lulled into security by the roar of the universe around us0we quaff the cup of life with eager haste without draining it, instead of which it only overflows the more-objects press around us, filling the mind with their magnitude and with the strong of desires that wait upon them, so that we have no room for the thoughts of death.

  年轻人不相信自己会死。这是我哥哥的话,可算得一句妙语。青春有一种永生之感——它能弥补一切。人在青年时代好像一尊永生的神明。诚然,生命的一半已以消逝,但蕴藏着不尽财富的另一半还有所保留,我们对它也抱着无穷的希望和幻想。未来的时代完全属于我们——

  无限辽阔的远景在我们面前展现

  死亡,老年,不过是空话,毫无意义;我们听了,只耳边风,全不放在心上。这些事,别人也许经历过,或者可能要承受,但是我们自己,“在灵符护佑下度日”,对于诸如此类脆弱的念头,统统付之轻蔑的一笑。像是刚刚走上愉快的旅程,极目远眺——

  向远方的美景欢呼!

  此时,但觉好风光应接不暇,而且,前程更有美不胜收的新鲜景致。在这生活的开端,我们听任自己的志趣驰骋,放手给它们一切满足的机会。到此为止,我们还没有碰上过什么障碍,也没有感觉到什么疲惫,因此觉得还可以一直这样向前走去,直到永远。我们看到四周一派新天地——生机盎然,变动不居,日新月异;我们觉得自己活力充盈,精神饱满,可与宇宙并驾齐驱。而且,眼前也无任何迹象可以证明,在大自然的发展过程中,我们自己也会落伍,衰老,进入坟墓。由于年轻人天真单纯,可以说是茫然无知,因而将自己跟大自然划上等号;并且,由于经验少而感情盛,误以为自己也能和大自然一样永世长存。我们一厢情愿,痴心妄想,竟把自己在世上的暂时栖身,当作千古不变、万事长存的结合,好像没有冷淡、争执、离别的密月。像婴儿带着微笑入睡,我们躺在用自己编织成的摇篮里,让大千世界的万籁之声催哄我们安然入梦;我们急切切,兴冲冲地畅饮生命之杯,怎么也不会饮干,反而好像永远是满满欲溢;森罗万象纷至沓来,各种欲望随之而生,使我们腾不出工夫想死亡。
Tags: ,

Think it over (好好想想)

[不指定 07/09/11 12:58 | by admin ]
Think it over

Today we have higher buildings and wider highways,but shorter temperaments and narrower points of view;
今天我们拥有了更高层的楼宇以及更宽阔的公路,但是我们的性情却更为急躁,眼光也更加狭隘;

We spend more,but enjoy less;
我们消耗的更多,享受到的却更少;

We have bigger houses,but smaller famillies;
我们的住房更大了,但我们的家庭却更小了;

We have more compromises,but less time;
我们妥协更多,时间更少;

We have more knowledge,but less judgment;
我们拥有了更多的知识,可判断力却更差了;

We have more medicines,but less health;
我们有了更多的药品,但健康状况却更不如意;

We have multiplied out possessions,but reduced out values;
我们拥有的财富倍增,但其价值却减少了;

We talk much,we love only a little,and we hate too much;
我们说的多了,爱的却少了,我们的仇恨也更多了;

We reached the Moon and came back,but we find it troublesome to cross our own street and meet our neighbors;
我们可以往返月球,但却难以迈出一步去亲近我们的左邻右舍;

We have conquered the uter space,but not our inner space;
我们可以征服外太空,却征服不了我们的内心;

We have highter income,but less morals;
我们的收入增加了,但我们的道德却少了;

These are times with more liberty,but less joy;
我们的时代更加自由了,但我们拥有的快乐时光却越来越少;

We have much more food,but less nutrition;
我们有了更多的食物,但所能得到的营养却越来越少了;

These are the days in which it takes two salaries for each home,but divorces increase;
现在每个家庭都可以有双份收入,但离婚的现象越来越多了;

These are times of finer houses,but more broken homes;

现在的住房越来越精致,但我们也有了更多破碎的家庭;

That's why I propose,that as of today;
这就是我为什么要说,让我们从今天开始;

You do not keep anything for a special occasion.because every day that you live is a SPECIAL OCCASION.
不要将你的东西为了某一个特别的时刻而预留着,因为你生活的每一天都是那么特别;

Search for knowledge,read more ,sit on your porch and admire the view without paying attention to your needs;
寻找更我的知识,多读一些书,坐在你家的前廊里,以赞美的眼光去享受眼前的风景,不要带上任何功利的想法;

Spend more time with your family and friends,eat your favorite foods,visit the places you love;
花多点时间和朋友与家人在一起,吃你爱吃的食物,去你想去的地方;

Life is a chain of moments of enjoyment;not only about survival;
生活是一串串的快乐时光;我们不仅仅是为了生存而生存;

Use your crystal goblets.Do not save your best perfume,and use it every time you feel you want it.
举起你的水晶酒杯吧。不要吝啬洒上你最好的香水,你想用的时候就享用吧!

Remove from your vocabulary phrases like"one of these days"or "someday";
从你的词汇库中移去所谓的“有那么一天”或者“某一天”;

Let's write that letter we thought of writing "one of these days"!
曾打算“有那么一天”去写的信,就在今天吧!

Let's tell our families and friends how much we love them;
告诉家人和朋友,我们是多么地爱他们;

Do not delay anything that adds laughter and joy to your life;
不要延迟任何可以给你的生活带来欢笑与快乐的事情;

Every day,every hour,and every minute is special;
每一天、每一小时、每一分钟都是那么特别;

And you don't know if it will be your last.
你无从知道这是否最后刻。
Tags: ,

足球注释 绿茵场上的妙语

[不指定 07/09/11 12:57 | by admin ]
作为世界第一运动,足球令无数人神魂颠倒。它的魅力不仅源于球员们在球场上的杰出表演,无孔不入的传媒对圈内人士场外言行不遗余力的报道也给人们带来了更多乐趣。以下是过去一年中足球名人们的一些精彩言论:

  Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife ? Ars?ne Wenger, coach of English champions Arsenal FC, dismisses Sir Alex Ferguson''s suggestion that Manchester United FC remain the country''s top team.

  每个人都觉得自己的老婆最漂亮--英格兰联赛冠军阿森纳队教练阿森-温格不同意亚历克斯-弗格森爵士关于曼联仍是英国最佳球队的说法。

  The thing is, at least I can''t get another injury now ? David Beckham looks on the bright side after a broken metatarsal bone leaves him fighting to be fit for the FIFA World Cup.

  事情是这样:至少我现在不会再受伤了--因跖骨折断而不得不努力恢复以赶上世界杯的大卫-贝克汉姆如此看待伤病的光明一面。

  The whole defence made mistakes today, not just Kalac. Just because he is from Australia, it doesn''t mean that he can jump over the bar like a kangaroo ? AC Perugia coach Serse Cosmi defends goalkeeper Zeljko Kalac from the critics after one heavy defeat.

  不光是卡拉克,今天整条后防线都在犯错。他来自澳大利亚,但这并不意味着他能像袋鼠那样跳得比横梁还要高--佩鲁贾队教练瑟斯-科斯米在惨败后为备受指责的守门员泽尔科-卡拉克辩护。

  If you listen to Lothar, you will get the impression he had never lost one single match in his career. He wants a position on our club''s board of management. But I promise, as long as Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and I have some responsibility at Bayern, Lothar will not even become the groundsman ? FC Bayern M?nchen general manager Uli Hoeness responds to criticism from the club''s former captain Lothar Matthus.

  要是听洛塔尔的,你会以为他在自己的职业生涯中一场比赛都没输过。他想进入我们俱乐部的管理层。但是我保证,只要卡尔-海因茨-鲁梅尼格和我还在拜仁管事,洛塔尔连球场管理员都当不上--拜仁慕尼黑队经理乌利-赫内斯如是回应前队长洛塔尔-马特乌斯的批评。

  If you put all the players in a sack and punched it, whoever you hit would deserve it ? Franz Beckenbauer is perhaps a bit premature in his judgement of Germany''s World Cup prospects.

  如果把所有队员装进一个大袋子里来打,无论谁挨了打他都是活该--弗兰茨-贝肯鲍尔对德国队世界杯前景的结论可能下得有些早了。

  I think we got what we deserved ? Patrick Vieira on France''s early exit from the World Cup.

  我认为我们罪有应得--帕特里克-维埃拉这样看待法国在世界杯中的过早出局。

  I refuse to pay a salary to a player who has ruined Italian football ? AC Perugia president Luciano Gaucci after his club''s Korean Republic striker Ahn Jung-Hwan knocked Italy out of the World Cup.

  我拒绝给一个断送了意大利足球的球员发工资--佩鲁贾队主席卢西亚诺-高奇在他旗下的韩国前锋安贞焕把意大利队赶出世界杯之后如是说。

  I thought the referee would be fairer in a quarter-final match like this ? Two disallowed goals in the World Cup defeat by Korean Republic leave Spain coach Jos? Antonio Camacho feeling sore.

  我本来以为在这样(重要)的一场1/4决赛中裁判会更公平一点--世界杯上败给韩国的比赛中两个被吹掉的进球使西班牙队教练何塞-安东尼奥-卡马乔心中酸楚。

  We have achieved our goal of reaching the ?lite and the players have enjoyed every minute. We were the only team to give Brazil problems in two matches ? A proud Senol G?nes discusses semi-finalists Turkey''s World Cup achievements.

  我们已经实现了进入一流强队行列的目标,队员们享受了比赛的每一分钟。我们是惟一一支两次给巴西队制造了麻烦的队伍--塞诺-居内什骄傲地谈起了四强之一的土耳其队在世界杯上的成就。

  I fought for two-and-a-half years to overcome my injury without knowing there''d be a day like this at the end of it ? Ronaldo reflects on winning the World Cup final for Brazil.

  我花了两年半时间来克服伤病,从未想到最终会有这样的一天--罗纳尔多在为巴西赢得世界杯后回忆道。

  I was not born in 1979 but in 1975 instead. I could not stand any longer to pretend to be another person. My real name is Luciano and I have been playing under an assumed identity ? AC Chievo Verona''s Brazilian winger Eriberto spills the beans.

  我出生在1975年,不是1979年。我再也不能忍受假扮成另一个人的生活。我真正的名字是卢西亚诺,我一直在用假身份踢球--切沃队的巴西边锋埃里贝托说了实话。

  Well, I wanted to get the jersey with the number six. But somebody else had got it already. So I thought, I would take the number 33, because three times three is also six ? VfL Wolfsburg''s young defender Maik Franz plays the numbers game.

  你知道,我想要6号球衣。可是这个号已经被别人拿去了,所以我想我应该选33号,因为3乘3的结果也是6--沃尔夫斯堡队的年轻后卫梅克-弗兰茨玩起了数字游戏。

  If they want to sack me, they should do it but please stop brutalising me. I''m just Giovanni, not Giovanna d''Arco (Joan of Arc) ? Italy coach Giovanni Trapattoni takes flak after the UEFA EURO 2004 defeat by Wales.

  如果他们想炒我鱿鱼,那就这么干好了,但是请别再对我这么残忍。我只是特拉帕托尼,不是圣女贞德--意大利队在2004年欧洲杯(预选赛)中输给了威尔士队,意大利队主教练乔瓦尼-特拉帕托尼因此遭到猛烈批评。

  I''m too good a coach for this team ? Coach Jupp Heynckes fails to endear himself to the Athletic Club Bilbao fans.

  这支球队配不上我这样的好教练--无法赢得球迷喜爱的毕尔巴鄂竞技队教练贾普-亨克斯如是说。

  I prefer to fight things out in public. It''s better to box the ears than to talk behind someone''s back. That spoils the atmosphere ? FC Bayern M?nchen defender Bixente Lizarazu after he hit teammate Niko Kovac in the face during training.

  我喜欢通过公开斗争来解决问题。打在脸上的拳头总比背后的风言风语强,后者会破坏队内气氛--拜仁慕尼黑队后卫比克森特-利扎拉祖这样解释他在训练时动手打在队友尼科-科瓦克脸上的行为。

  If you see Wayne Rooney out on the streets make sure you send him straight home ? Everton FC coach David Moyes asks the club''s fans to help keep wonder boy Wayne Rooney out of trouble.

  如果你在街上看到韦恩-鲁尼,请务必送他直接回家--埃弗顿队教练大卫-莫耶斯呼吁埃弗顿球迷帮助天才少年韦恩-鲁尼远离麻烦。

  Maybe we as a team should simply go out and booze the whole night long. And then, we should just give each other a real good thrashing ? Former German international Mario Basler offer an unlikely solution to the crisis at FC Kaiserslautern.

  也许全队应该集体出去痛痛快快地喝他一整夜,然后,我们再彼此饱以一顿酣畅老拳--前德国国家队员马里奥-巴斯勒为危机中的凯泽斯劳滕队提供了一个不大可行的解决方案。

  I was the last \into\ the dressing room, so I missed all the celebrations. But what I saw was an amazing scene ? (Nigerian international) James Obiorah and (Ghana forward) Baba Adamu crying their eyes out1 in a corner. I was absolutely shocked. I asked Obiorah what happened and he could only answer, ''We are the champions.'' I didn''t know foreign players could be so sentimental ? Dmitri Loskov, FC Lokomotiv Moskva captain, after they won their first Russian Premier-Liga title.

  我最后一个走进更衣室,因此错过了所有庆祝活动。但是我看到了一个匪夷所思的场面--(尼日利亚国家队员)詹姆斯-奥比奥拉和(加纳前锋)巴巴-阿达姆在角落里痛哭。我完全被惊呆了。我问奥比奥拉出了什么事,他只是说:"我们是冠军。"我没想到,外国球员会这么感情丰富--莫斯科火车头队队长在他的球队获得第一个俄罗斯甲级联赛冠军后说。

  I think I''ve deserved it and I hope not to wait another five years before winning it again ? Ronaldo on winning the Ballon D''Or2.

  我认为这是我应得的荣誉,我希望不会要等上又一个5年才能再次赢得它--罗纳尔多获得2002年欧洲足球先生称号时的得奖感言。

  1.cry one''s eyes out:痛哭。
   2.Ballon D''Or:[法语],字面意义为"金球",是颁给年度最佳足球运动员的奖项。
Tags: ,
分页: 9/11 第一页 上页 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 下页 最后页 [ 显示模式: 摘要 | 列表 ]